Great Learning Academy provides this Flask Python course for free online. The course is self-paced and helps you understand various topics that fall under the subject with solved problems and demonstrated examples. The course is carefully designed, keeping in mind to cater to both beginners and professionals, and is delivered by subject experts.
A majority of the world’s companies now use web apps in one way or another to enhance the quality of their products and offerings by making it very convenient for the shopper or the customer. Flask Python is one of the most renowned web development frameworks that is being widely used today. Python, as always brings its easy-to-use and powerful runtime environment to complement the capabilities of Flask.
app = Flask(__name__)
Stop the development server in your other terminal that runs the hello application with CTRL+C. Now you’ll install Python packages and isolate your project code away from the main Python system installation. If you are using Git, it is a good idea to ignore the newly created env directory in your .gitignore file to avoid tracking files not related to the project. In this step, you’ll activate your Python environment and install Flask using the pip package installer.
Each of them returns a string to indicate on which page you are on. Yes, you can enroll in as many courses as you want from Great Learning Academy. Yes, you will get a certificate of completion for Flask Python after Flask Framework for Python Developers Lessons completing all the modules and cracking the assessment. The assessment tests your knowledge of the subject and badges your skills. Django comes under a full-stack web framework that provides ready-to-use solutions.
Introduction to Python
Before you start proceeding with this tutorial, we are assuming that you have hands-on experience on HTML and Python. If you are not well aware of these concepts, then we will suggest you to go through our short tutorials on HTML and Python. Instructor-led, on-demand, or hybrid cohort training approaches motivate employees and encourage team building while supporting the advancement of technical skills at your organization.
- It gives developers flexibility and is a more accessible framework for new developers since you can build a web application quickly using only a single Python file.
- You’ll also use view functions to allow users to interact with the application through dynamic routes.
- When you visit your Home page, then you can click the link to the About page.
- In this step, you’ll add a few routes to your application to display different pages depending on the requested URL.
- Next you import the flask package with import flask; then print the Flask version, which is provided via the flask.__version__ variable.
- Since there’s no link to the Home page, you’d need to either use the Back button of your browser or enter the URL manually in the address bar.
Flask is considered a lightweight framework that provides abundant features, excluding external libraries and minimalist features. Find out how our platform helped our learners to upskill in their career. This module provides a comprehensive introduction to the Flask web framework. This module offers a foundational introduction to web framework technology. Tutorials Point is a leading Ed Tech company striving to provide the best learning material on technical and non-technical subjects. This tutorial has been prepared for anyone who has a basic knowledge of Python and has an urge to develop websites.
It was developed by Armin Ronacher, leader of the International Group of Python Enthusiasts(POCCO). It is basically based on the WSGI toolkit and Jinja2 templating engine. You can reference a CSS file with a tag in the header of your HTML page.
- You can use loops, conditionals, and variables directly in your templates.
- Jinja2 is a web template engine that combines a template with a certain data source to render dynamic web pages.
- This means that installing Flask also installed several other packages.
- After importing Flask’s render_template(), you can use the function to return the home.html and about.html templates that you placed in the templates/pages/ folder.
- This ensures that the URLs formed are unique and based on precedents laid down by Apache.
Great Learning is a global ed-tech platform dedicated to developing competent professionals. Great Learning Academy is an initiative by Great Learning that offers in-demand free online courses to help people advance in their jobs. More than 5 million learners from 140 countries have benefited from Great Learning Academy’s free online courses with certificates. Flask is a web framework of Python built with a small core and easy-to-extend philosophy. It is designed to get you up and running quickly with minimal overhead.
- Flask is an API of Python that allows us to build up web-applications.
- This means that if you change the route in your Python code, then the URL in your templates updates automatically.
- In the upcoming sections, you’ll add a navigation menu and style your web application.
See the Deployment Options page on the Flask documentation for more information, you can also check out this Flask deployment tutorial. Once you create the app instance, you use it to handle incoming web requests and send responses to the user. You pass the value ‘/’ to @app.route() to signify that this function will respond to web requests for the URL /, which is the main URL.